One of the hardest things to do is keep a carpet clean. No matter how hard you try, you will never get off clean free without having one stain on that carpet. Dirt, stains and marks will stick to the carpet by attaching to the fiber over time and leave you with a dirty carpet.
Stains are the trickiest to get out, as it takes a few different steps and tricks in order to get the carpet back to how it originally was. Deeper stains; coffee, wine, oil, grease will be a longer process compared to mild stains like juice or light colored liquids. Here are some tips on how to get a rid of a stain at home.
- Firstly, wet the area with cold water. Make sure it’s cold because adding warm water could make it worse. After adding the water to the entire stain, let it sit there for a few minutes and loosen the dry stain and soak everything up.
- Next take a sponge or cloth and a detergent solution and wet it a bit with cold water and dab the stain. Depending on the stain, you may have to mix the detergent with some other home ingredients like vinegar or baking soda to have a better a result. Make sure not to rub the sponge against the stain or it will spread and make it worse. Keep this detergent solution on the stain for a few minutes to soak everything up.
- After a few minutes get a clean rag or sponge and wet it with some cold water and wipe away the detergent from the stain and then blot the stain again with a dry cloth. Make sure you don’t leave the cleaning solution on for too long so it doesn’t cause discoloration from the rest of the carpet.
- Put some paper towel on the stain over night with a heavy object on top to take any residue off the carpet and anything sticking to the fibers of the carpet.
- If the stain has still not been removed, you may need to try this process a few more times
If you feel the stain is too deep and not coming out, you should a cleaning professional to remove the stain with stronger cleaning chemicals and machines. MCA offers steam cleaning and stain removal for any office or commercial cleaning service. Call today!