Your office space has a tendency to accumulate dust and grime, and every business owner knows how imperative it is to keep the office space clean and shining. A clean office improves productivity, attracts customers and improves the general health and focus of your workers. Without regular cleaning and maintenance, your business will lose reputation with customers and workers, as every client that stops by will notice the disorder and mess, and think of your company as dirty, inefficient and disorganized. If your office is accumulating that tell-tale layer of dust, and your workers aren’t investing time in.
Why Clean Your Office
A clean office improves productivity, attracts customers and improves the general health and focus of your workers. Without regular cleaning and maintenance, your business will lose reputation with customers and workers, as every client that stops by will notice the disorder and mess, and think of your company as dirty, inefficient and disorganized. If your office is accumulating that tell-tale layer of dust, and your workers aren’t investing time in the organization, you may have a problem on your hands. To help you get your office space clean we’ve accumulated 7 of the best tips and tricks that you can use to keep your office clean.
The 7 Tips to Office Cleaning
- Keep a closet fully stocked with office cleaning essentials. Dedicate a closet, desk or basket to cleaning supplies such as sprays, wipes, paper towels, mops, and brooms. If you don’t have a regular cleaning service, assign cleaning duties to your employees and keep a chart of the days of the week when maintenance is to take place.
- Ensure your employees know the basics. A simple chart of some tips and tricks such as these ones goes a long way. Include easy tips such as: wipe your area clear of crumbs and spills after lunch, or: remember to do a quick dusting after the work day is through. This will help your employees remember to do the small things that turn into a habit.
- Require organization. Assign a spot to every object in your office and require it to be kept there. Label storage locations so that objects are not misplaced and lost in the clutter. Ensure that your employees write their names on personal objects so that they are not lost or misplaced, resulting in multiples or workplace conflict.
- Pick up electronic cleaning wipes and keep them around always. Special wipes made for keyboards and screens are commonly available at your local office supply stores. Pick up a few packs of these as they can be lifesavers in keeping the surfaces of your electronic equipment clean and non-sticky.
- Empty out the trash and fridge regularly. Stale or old food is a common office problem and can lead to pests such as bugs or mice. Clean the kitchen and eating areas frequently and ensure that employees remove old or stale food. Vacuum places people frequent to prevent crumbs from accumulating in floor and carpet. A scheduled weekly refrigerator cleaning day is often a good idea to ensure that no old food is left behind.
- The break room must be pristine: Messy microwaves, dishes, and floors should never be a problem. Require your employees to immediately clean any spills or stains in the common or break areas, as dried food and other stains are harder to remove later.
- Imagine what your customers expect. If your office attracts regular clients or customers, use this trick to keep your area clean. Imagine you are the customer doing a walkthrough of the office and follow the same path they do. Along the way, try to notice any spots that require attention that may be picked up from the perspective of a client and not a worker. This includes areas such as behind furniture in waiting rooms or desks, upkeep plants, and untidy personal areas.
Cleaning Services in Toronto and the GTA
Book your Cleaning Today or call (416) 884-1652
These tips and tricks are meant to help your office space function better. If you have a difficult time keeping it clean, consider hiring a professional cleaning service. Hiring a service is the best and only way to consistently keep your office spotless, short of taking on the full-time task yourself. With the help of a company that routinely comes in to maintain and clean your area, your workplace can continuously shine.
Office Cleaning service
MCA Group is your number one office cleaning and janitorial service company in the GTA. WE are completely bonded and insured and are a highly trusted professional company dedicated to sanitization and cleanliness. Our cleaning teams use the latest in eco-friendly products to make sure that your property is clean and customers are 100% satisfied. We provide all clients with a free estimate, custom tailored action plan and cost-effective services unparalleled in the industry. For a free estimate please call or email our company at: (416) 884-1652 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our services and service areas.